Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge #34 -Ocean's Eleven


So, this week's challenge was to do a card based on the movie "Ocean's Eleven" (the new version) with the requirement of using brads (as in Brad Pitt) and something about the movie as inspiration. I love this trilogy...and will probably go watch after I post. So, as you can see, yes, I used brads, but since I'm more of a Matt Damon girl, I also used my Glass Cutting "Matt" to do the porthole circles, and my "Matt" kit with my paper piercing tools to do the little details. So, there you have my Brads and Matts. :) I also used alot of circles to emphasize the "O" in Ocean, and I liked the verse -it reminded me of the quirky but top notch Ocean's Eleven crew who are good at what they do. The title was kind of my inspiration -my mom had mentioned when she saw the original she thought it would be a movie having to do with the ocean, and thought it strange that there was no water in the movie let alone an ocean. Then the characters were introduced, and it made more sense. This one's for you mom!!
Here are the other supplies I used:
Define Your Life & Just Beachy sets, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Whisper White & Tangerine Tango c/s, window sheet (hard to see in the pic but used over the stamped fish piece like the porthole glass), Wide Oval punch, SU! Texturz plates, vintage brads, and White Craft & Pacific Point inks.
Enjoy, I had fun with this!

2 comments:

  1. Neat take on the movie!--when I first saw it, I thought that about the ocean too...very nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you going with the Oceans.. I love that you made a card for your mom.. She will get a chuckle about this we all love being reminded about our clever moments... Great colors..

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!