Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge #39 -To Kill a Mockingbird

Yay! I'm so excited to do my first challenge since the arrival of Baby #3! This is one of my favorite books and movies -One of the few cases where the movie is just about as good as the book. So, I really wanted to participate in this one. It was very challenging to choose one inspiration from the film...I even thought about doing a Halloween card to recognize the character "Boo Radley", played by one of my favorite actors, Robert Duvall (don't worry, Gregory Peck is high on that list too!). Anyways, I went with an easy one and used a bird like in the title -pretty sure it's not a mockingbird, but pretty nonetheless. Also, the requirement for this project was to use black and white somewhere. So, without further ado, here is what I came up with:
I was so excited to use one of the new InColors from Stampin' Up! on this card -it's the new Soft Suede. I think it looks great with the black and white to give the card a vintage feel -like "To Kill a Mockingbird"
I also wanted some texture, so I did some torn edges and I also distressed the black cardstock and peeled the sheet apart, so it looks and feels like suede. I also sponged some Suede ink onto the vellum.


Here are the supplies:
Friends 24-7 set
Basic Black, Soft Suede, and White vellum cardstocks
StazOn Jet Black & Soft Suede ink pad and refill
Pretties (colored with Soft Suede ink)
Black Brads
Stampin' Sponge

Well, Mommy-time is up...have a great afternoon, and don't forget to check out all the fun new stuff in the new SU! Idea Book & Catalog...can't wait to play some more with it!!

Happy Stamping,
Nancy








2 comments:

  1. Nancy!
    LOVE the card... This is one of my favorite stamps sets and another bird I didn't think about using... I am so brain dead... Love the color scheme... You really created a great vintage look... I am so glad you joined us again this week. We are really getting addicted to seeing you cute face each week...

    ((Hugs))
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy... this is a super card. I love the look you've created. It looks like something you've wanted to keep as a treasure, but its got just a little bit worn from being held. Lovely colours and the bird is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!