Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge #40 -National Treasure

Hello!! What a fun challenge this was -the requirement was to do a project to reflect a treasure. I chose to do a scrapbook page of one of my most valuable treasures -my kids! I also added in other little treasured tidbits: Buttons -my grandma is a collector of these, antique ones, and I've gleaned some history, info, and a small collection of my own. I also used Washington Apple DSP -I adore the paper, don't necessarily consider it a treasure, but I do treasure my home state -I'm a very proud native Washingtonian, and the yummy apples (Red Delicious and Honeycrisps) that are produced here -an added bonus to helping us buy locally.
Here is the page with my precious treasures:

I used:

Chocolate Chip & Natural Vanilla c/s

Washington Apple DSP

Designer Buttons: Latte & Button Bouquet

Scallop Edge & Scallop Square punches

Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon

Linen thread

Enjoy your treasures!!

Have a great weekend, Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh Nancy, that's just beautiful. You have such a sweet family. I can't wait to come see little Charlie. Talk to you soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout, love the title, great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy!
    You have very precious little treasures... I love that your able to us some of the buttons that remind you of your grandmother... Just BEAUTIFUL.

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!