Monday, August 3, 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge #43 -Pirates of the Caribbean


Yo Ho me hearties!! I have been super busy getting ready for Convention, but I've been working hard (fast!), so that I could do this challenge.

So many options for this one! I had to re-watch the movie for the dozenth time :) to find the perfect quote, and I knew it when I heard it. The requirement for this challenge, was to use beads, and take inspiration from the film, Curse of the Black Pearl, to be more specific.
I used the new Medallion Background stamp with gold ink in the background, then embossed it with gold embossing powder and attached some beads (not SU!). The medallion reminds me of the cursed coins in the film, and once beaded it resembles a compass rose to me as well. I also used Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango, and White Vellum cardstocks. Versamark ink was used in the embossing and on the Bermuda Bay c/s, and Tombo glue on the beads.
The second picture is just a close up of the embossed medallion and the quote.
We had a fabulous time on this trip, and I'm so glad to at least have one page finally scrapped for it!!







5 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love the medallion and the quote on the vellum. Great looking couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I love how you incorporated the line from the movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love that medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The medallion effect looks awesome and looks great on your layout. Nice use of colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome Nancy!!! you were too awesome to make this and then get ready to go to convention!!! I wish I was there!!!

    That sentiment is simply perfect perfect perfect - what a great pic of you too and a great moment captured in time!!! LOVE that sentiment! (isn't it the truth!)

    Hope you had a blast at convention! Thank you SO much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday! love all your guesses on fridays!!!
    Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!