Sunday, August 23, 2009

If you stamp it...they will come...

Can you guess what this week's Cinema Saturday Challenge is?
You got it:

I just love this movie -it's been awhile since I've seen it, but ooh, it's a favorite! We're thinking we need to get it on DVD. Anyways, my card this week includes the challenge requirement of red stitching, but is more of a holiday card. I added the word "cherish" to the card, which is appropriate to the film which incorporates the things cherished by each of the main characters; baseball, family, following dreams, catching lost dreams, and more. I used a "quilting" technique I've seen a few time and have been dying to try, so here is my first crack at it -I may attempt another to add to the challenge and do some actual hand stitching, rather than the faux stitching you see on this sample:
I used the Dashing DSP from a couple holidays ago -I found my secret stash and couldn't put it back without using it! I just LOVE this paper! I also used the Warm Words set (still current) along with Real Red & Old Olive cs and ink.
For those interested, I will be demoing this quilting technique in my next series of Technique club meetings.
Contact me if you are interested in signing up!
Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Nancy! Love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Totally had to crack up when you said that you found your secret stash!!! I have secret stashes too but then I forget about them or where I put them - and am always so surprised later to see them suddenly when i actually try to clean my craft corner! LOVE your sentiment - totally perfect for the movie - and your faux stitching is fabulous! Beautiful colors (LOVE that DP!!!) Thanks so much for playing along Nancy (and for guessing! your DH is such a sweetheart to guess along with us!!! Hope he plays along and guesses this friday too!!!)
    Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love your choice of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title of your post and love what you did stitching the label die! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!