Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #49

Hello everyone!
This week's movie challenge is Lord of the Rings -The Two Towers. I LOVE this trilogy...all three films are just so beautiful and amazing; the settings, costumes, the relationships. I think the Two Towers is my favorite of the trilogy -there is so much to it. It was a bit of a challenge to find just one or two inspirations from it. I knew I wanted to used some darker and more subtle colors; grays, greens, and/or blues, but what to focus on? The loyalty? The sacrifices? The love? The courage? The pursuits of freedom? How about all of them?!?
My husband, who, I think, enjoys these challenges as much as I do, asks me on Saturday after the movie is revealed, "So...what are you gonna do for this one?",
my response (as usual), "I'm not sure, I've got some ideas though."
He brilliantly says and points, "Well, what about that?"
I look, he is pointing to a picture taken of us in May 2001, we are standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty. Two towers are in the background behind us, the Twin Towers. We both agreed on the appropriateness of using this photo, especially since the sneak peeks for this movie came on September 11th.
So, I found a few other photos from that day:
The picture of us and the Twin Towers that symbolize to me our love, and the towers remind me of sacrifice and loyalty many have given our country.
A photo of the Statue of Liberty an obvious symbol for the many pursuits of freedom
Lastly, one of the entrance to Ellis Island, a place where many courageous people left behind everything to come to America in search of freedom and choice.
I could really go on and on, but if you've seen the film, you know what I mean (I hope!).
So here is my project, enjoy!
                                                                                                       Supplies that I used: Baroque Motifs and Circle Circus sets.  Silver & clear embossing powder with Versamark and the Versamarker.  LeJardin and Maine Blueberry DSP (both retired). Techniques: Heat embossed swirlys in silver, clear embossed the quotes on vellum (ink was still wet from the printer), used Versamarker to clear emboss the birds on the DSP, and used a faux metal technique for the embellishments (this is one of my favorites!).
Here is a better view of some of the embellishments and quotes, etc.
Have a great afternoon and Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout, what a great idea! Love the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, wonderful. The quotes are so appropriate for the pictures. The Baroque Motifs and DSP really give this page a great feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page, and you've made a wonderful connection between the pictures and the movie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!