Wednesday, September 9, 2009

For Those About to Rock...We Stamp for you!

Oooh that was a bad modified quote...Sorry AC/DC! I suppose some who are about to rock would rather be saluted... :)
This weeks Cinema Saturday Challenge (#48 for those keeping track):
This is a cute film, probably not in my list of top faves, but enjoyable nonetheless, with a rockin' soundtrack.
The requirement this week was to use cork.  Other than random wine corks, I don't have any cork on hand, and spent time debating on how to do the challenge without purchasing any. Well, needless to say, Mom and I went to a craft store today, and she bought some -Hah! I didn't buy any, but I did swap her a piece of cork for some cute K&company adhesive chipboard pieces that I purchased while we were there -they were so cute I absolutely couldn't resist.
I used:
Melon Mambo cardstock
"            " polka dot ribbon
Basic Black cardstock
SNAIL 
Sticky Strip (lots)
Pink Flamingo DSP
Small Star punch
1/2" circle punch
Sizzix Billboard Alphabet die
K&Company Adhesive Chipboard "Rock Star"

So, the first picture is more for "true to life" color, etc. However, I couldn't scan the project with the thumbtacks in, so had to take some pics. The color isn't as good, but you get the idea. Not sure who will get this cute gift...but it would look cute in a locker!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a really cool idea! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I think that might look nice in Erin's room :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment last night, but it didn't post...was it me or the computer?
    I really like this locker sized bulletin board. It would be great in a locker at the School of Rock. I think the little "sTufF" pouch in the lower corner to store notes is very handy. Oh-oh, I'm starting to get nostalgic remembering my school lockers...what a mess by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out GREAT! I am so glad you got a hold of some CORK!!

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!