Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 50th Cinema Saturday!!

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenges are celebrating their 50th Challenge! Congrats to Brooke and Sankari the dedicated gals who host this fabulous blog and always give me something super fun to look forward to each Friday (the sneak peek) and Saturday (of course the big reveal).
Do me a favor and check out their blog and the beautiful creations posted there...I guaranteed you will find a movie on the sidebar that you love -check out the past projects there too!
Here's where to find them: http://cinemasaturdaycreativechallenge.blogspot.com/
Thanks again ladies, and here's to another 50+, I look forward to hanging out with you all!

And I am so excited, my mom won the "School of Rock" challenge, so she is a guest designer this week at Cinema Saturday. You can see more about her at: http://grammieloves.blogspot.com/  

And on to this weeks 50th anniversary challenge:

I sooooo enjoy this movie...pretty sure I saw it at least twice in the theaters when it came out, and still have it on "tape". Probably about time to invest in the DVD...
This is a great story about love, self-confidence, dreams, change, and so much more. This week's challenge was to take inspiration from the film and use paper piecing.
There are so many parts I just loved from the film it was hard to choose one...I love her fancy outfits, I love the sassy quotes, Edward's/Richard Gere's dry humor...oh I could go on!
Like many others, I LOVE the brown polka-dot dress she wore at the races, and I love the part where she finally gets to shop after being snubbed by some snooty saleslady. So this is what I took inspiration in. It's the whole, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" moral...
I love it when she's piled on with her shopping bags and hat boxes, with the gorgeous hat and dress/suit outfit, and gets to confront the snooty salesladies (who work on commission!): "...big mistake, big, huge! I have to go shopping now..."
So here is my fun Pretty Woman "shopping day" card:


I used: Melon Mambo and Whisper White c/s, Pink Flamingo DSP, Things I Love set, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Regal Rose, and Basic Black ink, clear rhinestone brad, 1/4" Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Round Tab punch, Sizzix Scallop Circle die, 1" circle punch.
I pieced the shopping bags, and made the dress out of 1/2 of the scallop circle die-cut, and half of a tab punch with a notch (for the collar area) with the 1" punch.




Have a wonderful week, and may you feel pretty too!!

4 comments:

  1. i love...this card. Not only did you paper piece the shopping bags but you pieced paper when you made the dress. I think Vivian would choose this dress, especially with 3 different pairs of shoes to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv the dress, and all the other accessories, very cool....awesome pretty woman card, what woman doesn't want to feel pretty...have a wonderful prety woman week..hehehehe?

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job and a great interpretation of the movie. I loved the scene too, where she went back to the saleslady and said, "Big mistake."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!