Thursday, October 15, 2009

CSCC #53 -Elizabeth the Golden Age


Oh the Tudors...so much drama! We get a little more info into the life of Elizabeth I in this 2nd film, but both are movies are well-done and quite compelling.
First off, Cate Blanchett is an amazing actress, but WOW! I think the costuming in this film maybe outshines everything else!! So amazing...I just love the beautiful  dresses she wears...especially the blue ones. The color in her blue dresses has just a hint of gray, giving me the feeling of cool steel -representing her demeanor and strength. It's so interesting watching this movie -the portrayal of Elizabeth shows so many sides to her character: Strength, vulnerability, a coolness, yet there is warmth and love. She is shown as quite a diplomat, and so very loyal to her country.
If you haven't seen either film I HIGHLY recommend them both!!
For this week's challenge we needed to add a crown. Soooooo, I didn't have any crown stamps or stickers, so I used a clip art crown and printed it on vellum. Then embossed it while the ink was still wet with detail embossing powder -turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, I couldn't scan the card well (too much dimension) and I wasn't super-thrilled with the lighting on the pics. Oh well, if I can get a better one taken, I will post it later. Also, I used a verse from one of my favorite sets (a retired one!) It's Your Birthday. It says: "Someone like you should be celebrated every day". I thought this would be good for many different occasions for someone pretty incredible (like Queen Elizabeth).


I used: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, and Whisper White vellum cardstocks. Versamark and Night of Navy inks. It's Your Birthday (retired) and Friends 24-7 sets. Glue dots, 1/16" hand-held punch, Pretties kit (small white half pearls and med. size clear rhinestone taken out of brad setting), and Gold Detail Embossing powder.

5 comments:

  1. I have that stamp set and I use it a lot...I'll never get rid of it. Oh yeah, your card is great too. The background paper looks like one of her dresses, and the crownis really elegant...good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO lovely Nancy!!! Your card is just so royal!! And I LOVED your description of her blue gray dresses and most of all of Cate B. - she is the PERFECT person for this role and I totally LOVED her in both!!! Thanks so much for playing dear Nancy!! YoU rock!!
    Big Hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Nancy!! I love your card - you always come up with such great designs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!