Saturday, October 31, 2009

Just Bend & Snap!


Happy Saturday!! This week's movie is Legally Blonde!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! this film -such an enjoyable flick and the sequel is just as fabulous.

This week we are to use an encouraging sentiment to pay homage to Elle Woods rise through law school when all the odds (and people) were stacked against her, as well as take inspiration from the film itself.

I was inspired by so much! Of course, the card HAD to be pink, and Reese Witherspoon/Elle Woods just *sparkles* in this film, so I felt this project called for lots of glitter and stars as well to capture the character. Elle Woods is such an inspiration: she's fun, determined, considerate, and full of courage. I chose the quote: "It takes courage to grow up to be who you really are" as my encouraging sentiment, because Elle really did grow in this film and it took a lot of guts for her to stick with it. Now, I couldn't leave out one of my favorite parts of the film (I know there are others with me on this...): The "Bend and Snap" scene in the beauty salon. This just makes me laugh out loud every time. So, I made a little "bend and snap" background technique, using rubber bands and craft white ink. Check out my blog for more details! My family got quite a kick out of me bending and snapping my card -LOL!



Here is the inside:


There is a great tutorial for this spiral pop-up at Splitcoast Stampers

Here is a close up of the *sparkle*



Sorry the colors aren't that great on the last pics...lighting wasn't working for me.
I used: Melon Mambo classic ink, Whisper White craft ink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, and Pink Pirouette c/s, Starring You set, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Tombo Multi glue, sticky strip, Large and Small Star  & 1 3/4" Circle punches, paper snips, medium sized rubber band.

To "Bend & Snap" your background:
Hold rubber band between your middle and pointer finger.
Ink the lower end of the rubber band in craft ink (I recommend using a narrow dowel or end of a pencil -otherwise it gets super messy).
Then, pull that end up (past the other end of the rubber band) and "snap" it onto the cardstock.
Now you have done the "Bend & Snap" stamping style!

Check out this and other great projects inspired by this film at Cinema Saturday

Enjoy and have a Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool card! I love this movie! Will definately have to try and create a card for this challenge. Way to go! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!