Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shore do love you!!

This week's Cinema Saturday film is Finding Nemo and it's a color challenge! I've been wanting to do a color challenge, but I never seem to get around to doing any other challenges yet, except the Cinema Saturdays, so I'm super excited!

This film has a special place in my heart -it was the first film we ever took our oldest to see. She was almost 2 and I was pregnant with our second, so you can imagine the tears during the film -lol! Me during the first 5-10 minutes and her with the sharks. We watched this again yesterday all 3 kids, my mom and myself. My now 8 year old daughter still curls up on my lap and hides her face when Bruce shows up (personally, I love Bruce!). The "party balloons" still make my son jump, and the baby loves all the color. My most favorite line in the entire movie, and it always brings a bit of tear, and tugs at my heart strings is when Dory says to Marlin, before he leaves: "...I look at you and I'm home". For me, this is my husband. I hope everyone has someone they could say this line to... So, I made a card for him. However, it is more cutesy than sappy. As a family, we also just love the "hey, hey" crabs. They just crack us up, so I had to incorporate them into the card somehow. This is what I came up with:

I used: Crab & Co. set (retired), Pacific Point (retired), Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango, & Whisper White cardstocks and inks. Blender pens, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombo Multi glue, 5mm google eyes, Dusty Durango Marker, Spritzing tool.

Look for some more fun here later this week, and I promise, once I get them photographed, I'll post the cruise projects we did a couple weeks back.
Hope you had a great weekend!
~Nancy


9 comments:

  1. Hey, hey, hey, great card. Love the ripped technique on the waves. Your crabs are cuter than the ones in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set...so cute and the perfect way to use the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and I love the wave technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those crabs and the sentiment, great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great fun card and sweet memory of your 1st time seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card ... I love the Bruce character too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Nancy! And congrats on your Audrey Award! Can't wait to see your design for the next challenge. Warning - being the guest designer leaves you with nothing to do that week! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ever so cute and thanks for sharing such a happy memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Shore Do love this card Nancy!!!! Simply soooo cute!!! And although I love Bruce too, he still scares me!!! And I totally agree that this movie is a hard one to watch when thinking of our own children leaving the coral reef... sigh....

    so glad that you will be playing along with us next week Nancy!!! YAY!!! You are soooo sweet!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!