Tuesday, November 10, 2009

CSCC #57 -My Big Fat Greek Wedding


What a fun, laugh-out-loud, romantic comedy! I haven't seen it in awhile, but I still remember laughing every time Toula's father would give a Windex fact or remedy -too much!!
This is also a wonderful story about bringing  two very different families together by the love of Toula & Ian.
I wanted to do my card in shades of blue ala Greek Flag, but I also wanted to do something to represent the "Windex factor", so I used a window sheet to make a floating or acetate card. This is a technique that I've been wanting to try, and felt this was a good opportunity.



From an angle:



The inside:



I used: Taken With Teal, Baja Breeze, and Shimmer White cardstock; Window Sheet, Mini-glue dots, Wide Oval, Scallop Oval, and 1/16" handheld circle punches; Rub-ons "Love & Happiness" (SAB 08).

Here is a good tutorial for the acetate card at Splitcoast Stampers

Thanks for stopping by!!


8 comments:

  1. I love your use of acetate for this card Nancy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! This card is awesome!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The window sheet is stunning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Nancy! I love window sheet cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely, Nancy, love acetate cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card....So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I love your design, the use of the clear cs, and the white swirl accents! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy!!!! THis is simply wonderful - I LOVE that you created a window sheet card inspired by the Windex "remedy" - everytime I would start to get a pimple after watching that movie - I totally wondered if I should dav some Windex on it!!! LOL!!! Your colors are beautiful and the way you did the sentiment is simply fantastic!!!! I am always so psyched to see your name pop up on Mr. Linky and so glad that you played along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!!! You rock Ms. R!!!! Hope you will play along this week too - this week's movie is one of my faves :) (no it doesn't have Johnny Depp, but it does have another one of my faves!! :) See you soon!!!!
    Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!