Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Knight's Tale part 2

So, I wanted to do one more "pretty" project for this film using my favorite quote from the film. I immediately thought of my hubby who goes by so many names: His family and pre-college friends call him by his middle name, his college and military friends, myself, and anyone he knows through me call him by his shortened first name, then of course there is "Daddy", "Honey", Sgt (in various forms through the years), etc. I thought this was so appropriate, especially with Valentine's Day approaching. He actually chose the colors for this card, as I was kind of on the fence. It turned out great I think:


Supplies: Under the Stars and Tiny Tags sets; Soft Suede, Taken with Teal, Naturals Ivory c/s; Gold ink, Gold detail EP; Gold brads; Large Star, 1" Circle, and Scallop Trim Border punches.


7 comments:

  1. The colors are very good together...he has good taste. You put them together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card :) It's beautiful!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok another brilliant project from Ms Nancy.. I LOVE the story behind this card.. My Husbands brother has the same prob... All the fam and friends call him one thing and his now ex and collages and new friends call him another.. We just can't bring ourselves to call his the name he is going by now...

    I love the Sentiment it's just perfect... the colors all work so beautiful together as well.
    HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stars and that saying, Nancy. Great card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh! This is just gorgeous dear Nancy!!! I LOVE the way you did the sentiment (and I can totally hear it being said in the movie in my head right now!) SOOO gorgeous! And the stars and border and colors are just beautiful!!! I know your DH is going to ADORE it!!! Just love the whole concept behind "name" of your card! Soooo clever!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at CInema Saturday dear Nancy!!! You are just too sweet!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card, another quote I would not have thought to use :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!