Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Who ya callin' "DumDum"?

Oh, well, if it's gum-gum that you want, then this is the challenge for you!
Over at Cinema Saturday here is the super fun challenge this week:


This is a really fun movie, that we enjoy watching with our kids. It was really hard to choose where I wanted to get my inspiration from this. I knew I wanted to do something fun, and we go around making "dum-dum/gum-gum" references often, so I thought I'd start there. I really wanted to find a good clip-art Easter Island Head to work with, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I ended up creating my own. After much frustration and many "dum-dum" comments, this is what I came up with:


A miniature Easter Island Head with a mini-bubble gum bubble.
Here's a peek inside:



mmmm...gum-gum!

Here is what I used: Best Wishes and More set; Basic Black & Going Gray c/s; Basic Gray, Craft Regal Rose, & Craft White ink; Keytag (ret.), corner rounder, and 1 3/4" Circle punches, Sponge, 5/8" neutral brads; Clear EP; Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is sooo cute!! What a wonderful creation!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you made a DumDum, Nancy! That must have been really hard! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy, leave it to you to be so creative. It makes me laugh everytime I look at. I'm glad you stuck with this one, it's definitely an original:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET OUT!!!! Nancy this is AWESOME!!! Seriously - I almost spit out my coffee laughing!!! How AWESOME is the front and the gum and the inside!!! Simply fantastic Nancy!!! I can't believe you created that on your own!!! you sooo rock!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Nancy - and also for guessing with us on Fridays!!! Its always so much fun to read your guesses and to see your gorgeous creations gf!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally cool! You creative girl, I love how you did the Easter Island Head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMS! This is so-o-o-o creative!!!! I love everything: the head(awesome job), the mini-bubble (too cool), the gum and sentiment inside (totally goes with the theme). Thanks for the big smile it gave me this morning :D
    Teri "Terrific"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!