Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I {heart} Seattle


WE LOVE SEATTLE!

This week over at Cinema Saturday they are "showing" a great film:
I am so excited for this week's challenge, and can't believe it took me this long to get my project done and posted! There is a lot that inspires me in this movie: the fun and charming soundtrack, the oh-so-romantic story, my favorite quote/scene:
Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?
Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic.

And of course, the native Seattlite in me loves to see "my" city in the film. So, I combined the scenes I love with the quote referring to the idea of love being home and vice/versa, which is exactly how I feel about my hubby and kids.
The pictures in this page were actually taken at the same beach where Sam & Jonah boat over to in the movie -it's out on Alki Point, but we lovingly refer to it as "Sea Glass Beach", as we always seem to find sea glass on our visits out there. It's a favorite place for us to visit together, whether rain or shine.

I used: Pacific Point, Real Red, and Whisper White c/s; Real Red Craft ink, Chipboard, MDS

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!
xoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. You my dear touched my heart!!!
    Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, Nancy! I love your homage to your hometown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got tears in my eyes...your photos are so special and show your love of your city and family. What could be nearer and dearer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww Nancy!!!!! I love the pics of you and your sweet boys and the layout of your family at SeaGlass beach is just priceless - love that quote!!! I love this movie too and I love the answer that Sam gives dr. marsha... sigh...! Thank you so much for playing along dearest Nancy! You are just a gem!!! we adore you!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Nancy! I would love to visit Seattle and I love seeing it in this movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you page... I totally agree with your quote.. It's perfect... When I think of this movie I can't help but role play the phone conversations between the Dr. and Sam.. I love his lengthly declarations of love for his wife.. SO SWEET.. Great tribute to your family and your state...
    Your are so SWEET as well..
    Happy Valentines Day!
    HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious, and I love your layout! Seattle really is a beautiful city, and plenty to do as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! Sweet pictures and beautiful card! A keeper for the kids someday.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!