Sunday, February 14, 2010

What-ever!

Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to blow it off and say "Whatever!" ??
Well, Cinema Saturday has given me perfect opportunity to make a card for "one of those days"
This weeks film is:


So, although plaid isn't one of my favorite patterns, and I had to dig through my papers to find one (just not enough time this week to make one!). I knew just what I wanted to feature from the movie and how I wanted to lay it out. Again, I took inspiration from a quote, albeit a very short one; I crack up everytime the snooty character Amber holds up her thumbs and index fingers to make a "W" (see pic below) and says oh-so-haughtily, "Whatever!" My SIL and I enjoy using this whenever needed (or not!).


I used a lot of blue (it's calming), a splash of bright pink (it's sassy), some plaid (it's Cher), some glitter (hello, Beverly Hills!), white organdy ribbon (it's sweet), and a little askewedness ("whatever!"). All things reflected in the fabulous comedy by Amy Heckerling we call "Clueless".

 

Enjoy, and don't forget, if things aren't going your way: Whatever, just look on the bright side, and if you don't see the bright side, find it!
XOXOXOXO
Happy Valentine's Day friends!
~Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly W! Great card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is a great card. WHATEVER, never looked SOOO good!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so "Clueless"...that is a compliment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I love that word! Great card and I especially love the glittery W :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    After watching Clueless, I kept saying "Whatever!" for years!

    Yael

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLOLOLOL!!!! LOVE LOVE this whatever card dear Nancy!!! So perfect I love it!!! The colors are so perfect!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!! It isn't the same without our dear Nancy's awesome creations!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it! I say this often - should just hold up this nice card instead! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!