Wednesday, March 3, 2010

He does whatever a spider can

Look out! Here comes the Cinema Saturday  Challenge for the week:


I was so excited to see an action movie for this week's film!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE comedies, romances, dramas, and various combos of them, but I do really enjoy a good action film! This week's requirements were to take inspiration from the film, of course, and use acetate. I went with the theme of dark vs. light, good vs. evil, double life, etc. and showed this with the black and white spiders and webs and black and white background paper. I also wanted to exhibit Peter Parker's attempt to find balance or a middle point in the "gray area" of his double life. To show this I wove shades of gray into a background, as a spider must weave, with some "light" peeking through, and put a splash of red for some "spidey" color through the middle, where it looks like those creepy little spiders are crawling toward.

I used: Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray, and Going Gray c/s, Window sheets, Chills & Thrills Rub-ons, mini glue dots, 5/8" Real Red satin ribbon.

This will probably be saved for a Halloween card...:)
Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, this card is great. Love the weaving!! Reminds me of Spiders playing checkers!!:) FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your thought process on this one :) The webs look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THIS is gorgeous!!! stunning. What a tremendous amount of work you put into this. I love the two color webs. Your spiders actually look friendly, which he was - right? I love it!!! Your weaving is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool interpretation of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This very cool Nancy! Great design concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking the exact same thing that Kathy said about the checkers! I love this Nancy - great job on the weaving, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!