Thursday, March 18, 2010

Map to my heart

Oooh! I may have missed the deadline on this week's Cinema Saturday. Ah well, sometimes this is the way it goes.

This is a wonderful film -a beautiful tearjerker about the relationships between mother and child. It also required the use of some map. I am very sad to say we said goodbye to my Grandma today, however you will see a bit of her (and my Grandpa) in my project today. They always had beautiful National Geographic maps displayed in their guest room, and my sister and I would spend time looking at them again and again. I ended up with a few of these maps over the years, and photocopied a section of one to use on this scrapbook page for my son's album of our visit to Chicago.
Sorry, the photo quality isn't the best, I was in a bit of a rush to get this done.
I'll add the "recipe" later!


4 comments:

  1. Well this is just perfect...you've got the Dad and the Son, and the map. Oh, those guys are so cute...do you get extra credit for cute guys in your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Grandma and what a wonderful way to use her beautiful maps! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma - I hope you are doing okay. I know exactly what you mean about the National Geographic maps - I used to have them all over my room - how precious that you used that for your lovely scrapbook page! This is just a beautiful scrapbook page (is that chicago deep dish pizza per chance??) Thanks so much for playing along with us dear Nancy!!!!
    Sending you big hugs!!!
    Lots of love,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about you grandma... Hugs to you and your family... My grandma had every National Geographic made I think.. We LOVED to spend hours reading through them.. I Loved learning about people from all over the world from a early age. Great usage of the map element Nancy.. The circle is a Great addition. You can see where and still read the city you are highlighting... Thanks for playing with us.. Hope you all have a peaceful weekend HUGE hugs your way.

    Love
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!