Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bonjour and bon appetit!

What a feast of a film! I had been wanting to see this for a while, and finally got to watch it on Netflix instant play this afternoon. Thanks to Brooke and Sankari at Cinema Saturday for this yummy challenge, and thanks to the ladies over at Pals Paper Arts for this great Spring color challenge I used as well. The colors worked really well with the film, all the shades of green and yellow (mmmm....butter!).



For this card (above) I wanted to use my Mix & Mingle set (retired) as it hadn't seen any ink (gasp!), and it met the Cinema Saturday cooking theme requirement really well. I loved the retro feel of it and incorporated some textures that reminded me of vintage kitchen tiles. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this movie -It spoke to me on many levels; Julie and her unfinished projects, needing a deadline to get anything done (this is so me!). The husbands -so wonderful in their own ways. I loved the line: "You are the butter to my bread..." So I tried to incorporate some "butter yellow", and of course the toaster. The greeting I used is a reference to the support the women had in their lives, and how getting to know Julia was just what Julie needed to get a jumpstart.
All I know now is I'm going to have to wear pearls in the kitchen, make some Beouf Bourguignon, have a glass of wine, and make some more cards with this set!
Here is one more I made with kind of a retro feel to it...It's an ode to my fabulous mixer!


Enjoy and have a fabulous week!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Ooh-la-la! They are both so cute, but I like the buttery goodness of the toaster card. I can imagine butter melting on the toast that just popped up...that's cooking that I can do.

    Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    I LOVED this movie as well and your card and post are perfect! I saw this post in my blog list and just had to pop in.

    Have a great evening!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! love the little toasters and mixers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pastel colors that you used! What a perfect stamp set for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable!! LOVE the colors on both of them - and the combo of the mixers and toasters is just toooo cute!!! Thanks for playing dear Nancy!! Its always so much fun to see your gorgeous and lovely creations!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cooking theme and the retro look ! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!