Thursday, June 10, 2010

Muchness anyone?



Okay, I was excited and a bit nervous when the gals at Cinema Saturday put this up for the challenge this week. Excited, because I've been wanting to see this movie despite mixed reviews. Nervous because I hadn't seen it, and "out of the box" is kind of challenging for me. Turns out, the movie is just amazing.
 I LOVED IT!!!
For the costumes, art direction, etc. which were fantastic and sooooo Tim Burton (with much more color than he normally does), I thought the story may lack. What I found was that there was just so much heart, character building, and so much connection I felt to so many of the characters. I wanted to just hug the Mad Hatter who is just full of "muchness", and made me want to always keep my "muchness" on display. :)
I love the part where the Mad Hatter just goes listing all different hat types. I wanted to make a ton of tiny different paper hats for my project, but time ran out -I needed to go be muchier instead. However, I did get one hat done satisfactorily, a fez, which reminds me of another Hatter part where he is talking to Alice, and just randomly interjects "Fez" into a sentence. It made me laugh!
So, here is the baby's funky little monkey wearing a Fez that I made with the Sizzix Bigz XL die "Baskets & Blooms" -I just trimmed around and cut the handles off, then stamped a brocade-y pattern, sponged a little gold, and braided and knotted some gold cord.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I mudt confess, after watching the movie twice I still don't know what muchness is. But your Sock Monkey's hat is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Nancy! I love it! Why? Because every monkey needs a hat - especially a fez! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fez looks so good on the monkey. You did a good job. By the way, I never even realized that the Mad Hatter made hats! I just thought he wore a big hat...thanks Tim Burton!
    I have to say that Tim Burton really out-did Walt Disney. Disney's Alice was a good story with bright colors and something that anyone would enjoy, but Burton's Alice really had a lot of heart (that's what I think Muchness is), and great costumes and characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NANCY!!! Have I ever told you how much I ADORE you and your MUCHNESS!!! LOVE this project!!! You totally did an awesome job with hat (the cutest fez I have ever seen!!!) and I LVOE that part too - and I wanted to hug the mad Hatter too (yes yes yes - I know - ALOT of it is because he is Johnny... but also because of just his big heart in this movie!) I LOVE your creation Nancy - you always have such an unique and fun perspective! LOVE it!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!