Sunday, July 11, 2010

Christmas in July & Stamps that make you cry!

A little Christmas is exactly what I needed after the sudden arrival of Summer (going from one of the coolest summers on local record 64 degrees on Monday to 95 on Thursday).
When I found out what Brooke and Sankari at Cinema Saturday had in store for us this week:

I knew exactly what set I wanted to use: Home for Christmas by SU!
The first time I saw this set in the 2008 Holiday mini, it made me cry.
Mind you, not all stamps make me cry, but hubby had just deployed, and the images and verse touched my heart immediately, and I had to have it if only to send him a Christmas card.
I ALWAYS love an opportunity to use this set!
So, moving on from my sentimentality...
This is a sweet and fun film about 2 gals played by Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz who are having man trouble and just need to get away at Christmastime. They end up "meeting" online and decide to swap houses for a bit to take a break/holiday. The story continues with the women adjusting to the life of the other, and let's just say, some more man "trouble". :) I thought the verse I used was perfect for the film, as the gals found their hearts at home, just not necessarily their original home.

Please feel free to leave a comment, and let me know if a stamp has ever made you cry.



Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    I can imagine you just love to use your stamps, because they are superb! Great sentiment and I love how you gave your embossed parts a 'snowy' feel! Thanks for your comment, glad you like my new blog LO, yes, I have changed it indeed, 'cause it's summer time now (although actually now it's raining cats and dogs and temperatures are dropping rapidly, which is nice after the heat we had!). Have a nice day and take care! Hugs, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow!!! This is the perfect stamp and sentiment for this movie!! I just loved that little cottage in the movie although I bet it was COLD!!! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! Also, just a quick note -it is hard to see, but there is much white shimmer paint sponged on this card. The background and foreground of the image, the snowy parts, the c/s edges, and I highlighted a snowflake-like shape on the embossed background (Ira caught it!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, good choice. I remembered that image when I saw the English cottage in the trailer. As usual, you did a great job with the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card & *perfect* for this challenge! Great job :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely, Nancy! I love the sentiment also

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that stamp is PERFECT for the movie challenge. Beautiful, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect card for the movie challenge.. I love you card Nancy... I totally see the cottage door from the movie in this card... Love the color scheme... Great coloring...

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  9. NANCY YOU WON!!! send me an e-mail so I can tell you what your Guest designer movie and requirement will be... CONGRATS!!!
    brooke_stockman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you Nancy, you made a perfect Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Nancy! Perfect card for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!