Thursday, August 26, 2010

This is "flippin' sweet"!

The Cinema Saturday ladies strike again! This time with the very quoteable:

I almost turned this movie off 10 minutes into it -I just couldn't quite figure out what to make of it, the idiosyncrasies of Napoleon and his family had me all out of whack! Anyway, I just went with it, and found it to be a hysterical, quirky, and sweet film. I quote it often and recommend it to all (LUCKY!).
My card has a few inspirations: the color of the school lockers -one of my all time favorite SU! color combos of Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue (the colors look different on the movie poster). The inside inspiration came from my favorite character, Pedro Sanchez -I love his supportive family, his laid back nature, and of course, you have to love a guy who will "build a cake" to win a girl over.
I really wanted to incorporate a quote, or two, or three, but it was so hard to narrow it down, there are so many, so I opted not to this time.
I used Versamark, black brads, some leftover Hodgepodge Hardware inked with Silver ink and sealed with clear embossing powder, then a spritz of Log Cabin Smooch Spritz to give the lockers that slightly "decroded" look.



Now...Go do whatever you wanna do -GOSH!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! This is great! My kids love this movie!! I felt the same way as you at first but then found myself cracking up all throughout it. Nice card, it depicts the movie perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL SOOO CUTE!!! I wanna make a tots card! LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!