Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Iron Mom!

Do you ever feel like you should have a super-hero title? I think many moms feel this at least once in their life, if not once a week (day??). And, boy, maybe we should...sometimes I think that I'm more like "The Greatest American Hero", not quite the perfect super-hero, but has a good heart, more "behind-the-scenes", and not always very graceful! :)
Today, I'm feeling more like Iron Man: flying from place to place, getting the job done completely and efficiently...hmmm...that sounds suspiciously like Pepper Potts too!
Thanks to Brooke and Sankari at Cinema Saturday for this Superhero inspiration with their feature this week:


I was so excited to have an action flick -LOVE THEM!! Especially Iron Man -it's one of my favorites!
My sweet boy was excited too -he wants to be an inventor like Tony Stark someday, and is always using his ginormous imaginations to come up with some kind of machine, building, etc.
Knowing that I've got a crazy week ahead (pull out super-mom cape), I did not want to miss this week, and got right on it.
There were so many things I could have pulled from this film, but I settled on just a couple: The classic Iron Man colors -Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard, who knew! I also added some silver/pewter to pay homage to Tony's original Iron Man "outfit". The other I used was his heart, both his human and his machine hearts. Tony's character grew up so much -he went from playboy philanthropist, to country hero with a pretty good set of priorities.When I found out the challenge, I immediately remembered this stamp I had (I use it pretty regularly): "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are", I feel like this is both representative of the Tony Stark character, and the actor who portrays him: Robert Downey Jr, who has had some very public rough times in life, and somehow always finds the courage to pick himself up and be better than he was.
Here is my card:

And...here is my little guy's card. He was inspired by the music in the movie (he wrote out the lyrics we sing along to one of the tunes, and colored a music note), and of course the imagination of Tony Stark to create the Iron man suit (drawn flying through the blue sky).


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Forgive if this is a duplicate - I think my first post was eaten.

    Both of these cards are super and I love the sentiment you chose! So fitting for RDJr! I love seeing him have some success these days! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, the combination of the color scheme and the machine parts really works.
    Of course, your son maybe beat you out with his picture of Iron Man flying through the sky, and the musical score. I'm sure he got his talent from his "Iron Mom"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Fantastic. We'd love it if you considered entering some of your pretty projects in our challenges at Papercraft Star and there is still time to get in on our $25.00 gift certificate too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/lets-celebrate-early-enter-our-2500.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutness! I love the Iron man picture from your little Iron Man... :)

    I love your take on the challenge... I love that you can really get the theme of the movie when you look at the card... That really means a lot that you are trying to stay so true to the movie.... Great sentiment it totally fits. It's hard to follow in your fathers footsteps when they are a legend...

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! WE LOVE YOU GIRLIE!! YOU ARE SUCH A HUGE PART OF OUR CINEMA FAMILY!

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win, Nancy! What a COOL card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!