Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spooky trees

Can you feel it?
Fall is in the air: Halloween decor is appearing everywhere, and the leaves are starting to turn!
The Cinema Sisters are feeling it over at Cinema Saturday with this film:

Ah, the fabulous team of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp; So many films together in recent years, that after watching Beetlejuice the other day, I felt something was missing. Then I realized with a laugh, there was no Johnny Depp.
So, for this challenge, along with inspiration from the film, we are to use a Halloween (aka "spooky") tree.
I totally forgot I had a wheel full of Halloween trees, but I unearthed it, as it is perfect for this challenge, and I also used some color inspiration from the film. Tim Burton films always strike me as "dark", some more than others (including Sleepy Hollow), but he has such great use of color. In Sleepy Hollow, as well as a few other of Burton's films, I love the splashes of warm colors he uses, red especially stands out, so I wanted to use the "dark" tree images, with a warm colored background. This is how I image Sleepy Hollow would look as the sun comes up on an autumn morning:


I used the emboss resist and polished stone techniques on this card. Supplies used: Spooky Skyline Jumbo wheel (ret.), Tiny Tags set; Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Glossy White c/s; Versamark, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, and Copper inks;

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, spooky trees and great colors...lovely. It really is a great Halloween/autumn card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a gorgeous card Nancy!! LOVE that red against the black!!! I love that even in daylight, Sleepy Hollow would still look a little spooky!!! Your creation is simply gorgeous girl!
    Thanks for playing along - we love your creations!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the polish stone technique you used for this background, with these color combination!! Rreally Spooky looking card, great for "sleepy hollow" card. yes, i agree, Johny Depp was GREAT AGAIN, in this movie! :-) and in so many others! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card bright but still spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The colors are great together, perfect for Halloween. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhhh, so fun Nancy! I love this card and it goes perfect with the sleepy hollow motif!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!