Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oh Captain, my Captain!

I just want to give a big THANK YOU!! to my girls Brooke Stockman and Sankari Wegman over at Cinema Saturday. They have been kind enough to honor me again at their blog and have me as a guest designer for this week's film:


I admit, it has been awhile since I have seen this movie, but the feelings it leaves are still with me.
What a touching and captivating movie, that shows what a difference a teacher can make.  This film portrays Robin Williams, as Professor John Keating, a teacher at a private boys school, who gives his poetry class students the inspiration to go against the flow, to be themselves, to "sieze the day". It makes me think of all of the wonderful teachers I've ever had, especially my American Literature teacher in high school, who really took the effort to make sure his students could think outside of the box and encouraged them to stand up for their ideas. I wanted to create a card for someone who inspires, like Professor Keating did for his students, and I wanted to use the color red for the red school sweaters the boys wore in the film (and another excuse to use Cherry Cobbler!).

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME take on your guest design, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you inspire me. Your card is beautiful, and not too preppy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Nancy! Very nice color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!