Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh Mr. Darcy...

Cinema Saturday is celebrating their 100th challenge! That's right, the oh-so creative Brooke & Sankari have given us 100 cinema-tastic challenges of creativity -come celebrate here.
They let their fans vote on the movie for the 100th challenge, and the vote brought them full circle: from the 1st challenge to the 100th challenge, Pride and Predjudice was the flick of the week:

I chose to re-watch the 2005 film version (you can check out the movie details here).
I knew I needed to use lace, and I watched the film looking for a perfect quote to use, however, it was Jane's ball gowns that caught my eye. They were just beautiful with the flowy folds, just a hint of color, and not flashy -just sweet. These were my inspirations for my card.
I used Blushing Bride (so Jane-appropriate), for my underlying color/card-base, a little gathered lace -slightly frayed on the edges to show the well-loved, comfortable quality of the Bennet family, and a little heart tag -a token of affection if you will. :) I also stamped a floral pattern in the background, and used folded tissue paper to get the effect of Jane's dress, shown above.



4 comments:

  1. This does look just like Jane's dress! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and beautiful (truly Jane-inspired)! Love the feminine touch in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    You are so cute.. I love that you even used the color blushing bride.. How cute is that.. What a lovely card.. It has such a softness about it.. You Rock girlie.. I am so glad you played along.. WE LOVE OUR NANCY!!!

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE that movie! Your card IS very Jane!!!

    LOVE IT!
    STeph

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!