Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Double dose of challenges

Hello!

Today I found myself scrambling to put together a couple of challenges, to keep myself on track of weekly (at least) blogging.
I jumped on the color challenge at Color Throwdown, and the "Simon Says..." challenge at PaperCraft Star.

And here are the challenges:

At Papercraft Star: Challenge 39 - Simon Says Create A Card

Create a Card Using the Following Recipe:
Base 5 x 7
Mat: 3 x 4.5
Add Rhinestones
Add Flourish
Add Whatever Else You Desire

And here is the card:


Honestly, when I saw the color challenge, and I saw the Simon Says recipe, this just popped in my head. Rarely, does that happen and it translates to paper just how I envision it. YAY! It also is very reminiscent of the title on the Color Throwdown blog, so maybe I subconsiously CASEd the title. :)
I used:
Baroque Motifs set; Black StazOn ink; Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, & Daffodil Delight c/s; Poppy Parade poly-twill ribbon, Beautiful Wings embosslit; Flourish Texturz plate; Jewels Basic -rhinestone; mini-glue dots.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card.I really like the little butterflies and how you spotlighted the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the brightly colored butterflies on the black swirls!! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love all the flourishes! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Nancy. A beautiful and welcome addition to the Papercraft Star weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh wow!" (I think that's a quote of some very sharp little person) Really, I love the bright butterflies against the black flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you used the flourish stamp. I have that set and have not used the flourish that way before. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    New follower.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like everything about this card~~ very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!