Sunday, March 13, 2011

Embellish Color Challenge

So, it's been a typical March/November kind of day here, so yucky and rainy. I like to think that I have a really good tolerance for wet Northwest weather bred into me, but today just made me want to sing, "Rain, rain, go away..."
Anyhow, I've been missing my favorite challenge, Cinema Saturday, so I thought today would be a good day to venture out and find something new to me.
I found a couple, but I really liked the color/theme challenge at Embellish.

My colors weren't spot on, but I went with the closest SU! colors I had: River Rock, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, and Regal Rose. I also liked the music theme to this -I've got some fab Newsprint DSP that has a sheet music design I've been wanting to use.
Here it is:

Here's what I used: River Rock, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, & Very Vanilla c/s; Soft Suede ink; Clearly for You set; Newsprint DSP; Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow & Log Cabin; Shimmer Paint in Champagne Mist; 2.5" & 1-3/8" Circle, 2-3/8" & reg. Scallop Circle punches; Crochet trim-Victoria; Sticky Strip; Stardust gel pen.
All the colored punched pieces were wet and rumpled, then dried with a heat tool, and though it's hard to see, Shimmer paint was applied to all edges.
I did "zazz" the card up a bit with pearls and more shimmer, but the first version translated to computer much better. :)
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and 4 posts in 2 days! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used! I got my email from you! I am super busy today.. but tonight I will email you back with some tips that I have used! I hope that will be ok???

    Take care and keep up the awesome work! :) Your stuff is sooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! Whenever you get a chance, I'm happy for anything you can offer. No rush!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the combo of those birds with the notes - songbirds! So springlike! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!