Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Challenges

Well, new challenges to me anyway...
This weekend I checked out the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge :

and Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger


So, my mom is a huge Waltzing Mouse fan, and I can see why. What great images and greetings they have!!
Unfortunately, I do not own any. I know the challenge rules say you can use other company products, but I felt guilty anyways, and called my mom. Lucky me, she had the new western style set  (Back in the Saddle)that would go perfectly with what I had in mind for combining these challenges. As for the Tuesday Trigger challenge, when I saw those button card napkin ring holders, it reminded me of my grandma and her button collection. I knew I wanted to use my Bingo card stamp, with an assortment of SU! buttons as game markers as an homage to those vintage button cards.
Here's my fun little thank you card:


*Remember, all supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted*

I used: Waltzing Mouse sets Bitty Banners & Back in the Saddle; SU! Bingo card set; Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, and Crumb Cake c/s; Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Black StazOn ink, Red Gingham vellum from SU!/Country Living Summer Cookout Kit; Buttons -Bold Bright asst, Red Corderoy, and Button Latte; Linen thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Decorative Label punch.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love your color combo. All together your card is a real wingdinger (sounds like something Sheriff Tex would say).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sentiment is too funny :) I love all the different-textured buttons you used. It looks like a card just meant for touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...your bingo background is delightful and with that banner, it's a real winner. I'm so pleased you chose to play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a playful card! Love your buttons and take on the Tuesday trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nancy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love your stuff!!!!!! VERY CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who can resist a red gigham banner? Not me! This is such a fun card. So interstingly laid out and totally eye catching as a result. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy! Good to see you playing along with us at WMSC - I always loved your creations from Cinema Saturday! I love the kraft and red combo and the big bingo card is such a fun add! I sure hope you'll play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!