Sunday, August 4, 2013

Christmas in July in August!

So, I found another picture of Christmas cards from last year, this class set highlighted the Stampin' Up! DSP Be of Good Cheer and attendees got a pack of it, Dazzling Details in Cherry Cobbler, and pre-cut supplies to make all of their cards.
 
Colors used for c/s, ink, and markers include: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. Ribbon: Stitched Satin Ribbon Gumball Green, Victorian Lace. Sets used starting top left and going clockwise: Greeting Card Kids (ret.), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Bells & Boughs (ret.), Snow Much Fun (ret.),  Snow Swirled (ret.), Many Merry Messages, Evergreen, and Beautiful Season (ret.).
Again, I apologize for the group photo...scanner issues. The printer/scanner has since died, and has been replaced. I have yet to test the scanner function, but have no reason to believe it will have issues. :)
 
A few tips/insights/opinions: First -I am really going to miss the retired stamps at my card classes this year. Thank goodness for the Evergreen & Merry Messages sets -I love those!! Second -I found when using the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, they work best when going over something that is already colored red. The sparkles look a little sparse  otherwise. Third -I almost forgot (!) I used the Illuminate ink for the snowflakes  and on the tree on the bottom two cards. I love that ink -it gives such a great subtle highlight/shimmer. It looks amazing stamped on Midnight Muse.
Alright -enjoy your day, I'll be back soon with my Craft of the Week.
Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!