Friday, May 16, 2014

Fusion Fun With the Puppy

The weekend is here, and I'm ready for it.
Every year I seem to forget how crazy May can get; Between a belated staff/teacher appreciation week, state testing, kindergarten prep, the normal stuff, and winding down the preschool year, I am wiped out and ready for at least one morning to sleep past 7. :)
This afternoon I took a little break (it is Friday after all...) to partake of the challenge at Fusion

I've never done one of their challenges before, and love their concept to choose or fuse your challenges.
So, I was excited to try it, and, of course I chose to fuse the challenges they offered:

 Our puppy just celebrated her birthday, so I really wanted to use the retiring set I just got from Amuse Studios. She was the entire reason I had to have it -the silhouette looks just like her!
I don't normally use yellows, and when I do, they are a secondary or accent color. I stepped even a little further out of my comfort box and opted for my (gasp!) unused Summer Starfruit instead of my stand-by Daffodil Delight. 
I like the way it came out, however, I'm really wishing I had friends on the dog show circuit so I could send this card. Not sure what other occasion I may use this for...maybe a milestone birthday for a dog lover? Doggie training class graduation? Veterinarian school graduate would be a good one. 
Anyway, here is the card:
I used: to forgive, canine (amuse studio), Recess (ret.)sets; Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Basic Black c/s; Basic Black ink; 2-1/2" scallop circle punch, Starburst framelits, Perfect Polka Dots & Stripes TIEF, 5/8" satin ribbon -Black, and stitched satin ribbon -Summer Starfruit.

So, before I made the card, I had to make my puppy first, or at least try 
(the one on the card is all black to go with the challenge). 
I colored the stamp with markers and really tried to match at least the coloring of her brindle.
I was very pleasantly surprised:
Next step: make the stripes actually go the way that they really do -she's got great tiger stripes and chevrons down her back and tail.
My puppy's fur is: Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, and Early Espresso. 
I'm sure someone is thinking that I could use the card for puppy's birthday card. No thanks -she'd eat it and I'd be sad (and cleaning up the mess/es)!

Enjoy your weekend, and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Your card makes me smile, Nancy! I love your colouring of the dog. :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best in Show! The scalloped circle and ribbons really remind me of dog show awards,

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, so neato! Love the center stage dog image!!!!
    So glad you were inspired to join us at FUSION!
    I sure hope you are inspired to join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!