Friday, May 9, 2014

PPA 203: Color Challenge!

Happy Friday!
I was going to do a different post today, but I got my card done, and knowing that I'm going to be busy this weekend, wanted to get it posted sooner than later.

The crew over at Pals Paper Arts has another great color challenge:
I generally do not gravitate to these colors, but that is exactly why I LOVE color challenges -they give you a little nudge to something out of your regular palette.
Here's how I work color challenges: either the color motif will just scream a particular DSP I have in my stash, and I'll grab it, OR I'll flip through my stamp sets until one of 'em piques my interest.
This time, no DSP was calling out, but, I found two stamp sets and I had no idea which I'd use (I kind of figured I'd do two cards). Well, I started out with a new one that I'd just earned through Sale-A-Bration for FREE, and was happy with the results.
I used: The Great Outdoors & Pursuit of Happiness set; Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla c/s; Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, and Night of Navy inks; blender pens, Smooch Spritz Log Cabin (ret), Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen, and Cut & Paste decorative tape (by My Mind's Eye). 
I'd been eyeing this set since it came out, but had another camping set (the way cute Under the Stars set) and couldn't really justify purchasing it. Getting it for free is a whole different ball game. :) 
Inside the card it says: "Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
While the scanner captured the colors well this time, it doesn't really show the navy coloring on the chair and tent or the glitter pen used on the flame. *sad face* Just know that it's there and it looks awesome. 
This card makes me excited for our family camping trip to Yellowstone, where we will definitely be pursuing happiness, and taking time to be happy. :)

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!
Happy crafting...

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful, masculine card, Nancy! Thanks for sharing it at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! I especially like the paneled layout. Thanks for playing with PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!