Monday, May 26, 2014

Throwin' Down the Color with my Pals

Doubled up challenge!
Color throwdown #293 meets Pals Paper Arts #205

To get this:


I used the similarly colored Everyday Enchantments DSP & Full of Life set (both retired) along with: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla c/s; Pretties colored with Aquapainter and Pear Pizzazz & Tangerine Tango markers, Jewel Pearls, Beautifully Baroque TIEF.
The strips of paper I faux-sueded & embossed to give it a very soft and lovely texture.
To suede the cardstock:
*Cut paper to size you want (or cut larger and trim down after sueding).
*Rub paper back and forth all over to break down the fibers. A bone folder works great for this, but I use my handy-dandy Pampered Chef stoneware scraper thing (you know the little plastic square that comes with stoneware purchase?)
*When the edges start separating, very gently pull them apart to reveal the faux suede.
*If at any time your paper does not want to separate, simply rub some more to break the fibers apart and continue pulling apart.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm now inspired to use some of my older (retired) DSP. When the new stuff comes out I fall in love and only use the new designs, but yesterday I was sorting and I found some of this paper. It does go well with these colors, and it's pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful papers and what a great take on the sketch!!! Awesome use of the CTD colors, too!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!