Saturday, May 3, 2014

Today, I stamped.



Maybe not a big deal to you, but it's been awhile since I stamped for just me, just because.
 It all started last week, when I attended a stamp camp put on by a friend who recently joined Amuse. Mind you, I am used to being the one holding the stamp camp/classes and doing all the organizing, etc. It was so much fun being on the other side and it reminded me that it was okay to just stamp for myself, one card at a time, and of course, it didn't hurt that her cards were so lovely and cute!
Then, last Saturday, I got to attend a incentive event hosted by my upper upline for demonstrators in our group who achieved certain levels during the last quarter. I felt very spoiled by the beautiful make & take project designed by the talented Terry Bolender, the yummy lunch & candy buffet (complete with adorable paper accents by Carla Berg), and the swag aka: free stamping products. So much fun!!
 
            Above is Terry's creation, using Basic Black, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White inks and c/s in an Ikea frame with a great utilization of SU! punches.
Here are a few of Carla's fantastic candy display items -I love the darling "dolls". The bodies were hand-cut by her and the outfits were die-cut.
 
So, today I went to go clear a few things off of the craft/project table formerly known as the kitchen table, and found a card packet leftover from a long ago stamp class had slid off of a stack right into work place, and another packet was close behind. I looked at them and said, "Why not?".
Here's what I did today:
Butterflies much?
The above card uses Hope Happens set (ret); Whisper White, Baja Breeze (ret), and Paisley Petals DSP (ret); Night of Navy ink (stamped off because I no longer had Baja Breeze ink!); Framed Tulips EF (retiring), Beautiful Wings embosslits, and Pearl Jewels.
Below we have: Swallowtail & Hope Happens sets; Naturals Ivory and Dusty Durango?? (really ret.) c/s; Jet Black StazOn ink; Watercolor Crayons, Rhinestone Jewels.
I'm sure there will be more unearthed stamping treasures as well as new finds in the near future.
Until then...
Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Pretty butterfly cards. I especially like the Swallowtail...I'll have to get mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper's cut for it already Grammie, come stamp with me anytime! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!