Saturday, June 7, 2014

Nacho Mama's Candy Land

How is your Saturday??
We are having a great one here; Busy with kids' activities in the morning, done by noon, and already saturated with beautiful sunshine! Popped into some awesome moving/estate/rummage sales.
For example, I spent $15 on the following camping items: portable cooking utensils (used 1x), egg holder, asst Nalgene travel bottles, Igloo Playmate cooler, and 1 brand new Igloo MaxCold 50qt cooler with wheels. Seriously! So excited to camp this summer with the "cooler collection" -they will function well with our trusty ol' Igloo IceCube (that I also got for a deal at Target a few years back). For 50 cents, I scored our Candy Land addicted Little monkey a "new" game (hers is missing a game token, and the cards have seen much better days). I was pretty excited, as it was the same version I played with back in the day, but was even more excited to find out it came with 2 sets of tokens and 2 game boards! Save for the Jolly Gumdrop card we now have a 1978 edition, and a 1984 edition sans cards. She was soooooo excited and spent the next hour playing.  Middle monkey scored a Lego CD player/radio and PS one for $2 -how crazy is that??? Granted the PS1 didn't come with any games, but he's working on that. :) The eldest came away with some headphones and sheet music for $1.
We're going back tomorrow to see if there is anything we missed...

Okay, so on with the crafting.
As long as I'm participating in Nacho Average Challenges, I must use the word nacho regularly. Like, little monkey and I ate nachos for lunch yesterday. And, gee, I love the color challenge at Nacho Average Challenge this week! That Crushed Curry in there totally reminds me of the liquid cheese you get on nachos at the ballpark or 7-11.

Top this design from the crew at Mojo Monday, with those colors
And you get Mojo Nacho:
 Ugh, terrible name. Moving on...
I used: Pursuit of Happiness set (ret.); Island Indigo ink; Daffodil Delight (no Crushed Curry here, it brings on intense nacho cravings!), Island Indigo, Perfect Plum, Whisper White c/s, and Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (that does have Crushed Curry!); 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, Candy Dots (Plum & Curry), and a bunch of punches to make the flower.
Sorry! It's after 8pm here and I haven't had dinner and am feeling a little goofy.
If you really want to know which punches I used, leave a comment, message, or something and I'll give you the scoop.
One last pic to leave you with:
We have been having an amazing Spring here in the Northwest. I really wanted to do a bunch of challenges this week (I have paper laid out on my table for 4!), but it's been beautiful and I've opted to be outside working in the garden, tidying up the patio, playing, etc. Today, I couldn't ignore the cardstock or the outside, so I took my (pre-cut) supplies outside and assembled today's card there. This was the view from my seat.
Enjoy.
Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love what you did with the colors! So glad that you are playing with us at Nacho Average Challenges! Congrats on your garage sale finds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job with the colors. I tend to have trouble with such cool colors mixed with a warm. Love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the sketch and the Nacho challenge colors. The Crushed Curry flower really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!