Sunday, June 1, 2014

New challenge!

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Nacho cheese!


Okay, old joke, bad joke, cheesy joke (lol!)...Hahahaha!
Seriously, we love nachos around here. Ask my kids what they want to eat, and 90% of the time it's nachos. Or, they'll ask almost daily if they can have nachos for snack/lunch/dinner.
Cheese and corn chips -it's a yummy thing. Dress 'em up with meat, olives, sour cream, salsa, and AVOCADOS, and it's a yummier thing. 

This may be why my mom suggested the Nacho Average Challenge to me. She knows we like nachos, and bad nacho jokes, and how I like a fun challenge.
This week they had a sketch challenge, which was right up my alley -clean and simple:
and I added that to this week's Color Throwdown (beautiful colors!!!):
Throw in some play time with my new Blendabilities (coming soon!!) and photopolymer set, and I get:
I am needing to practice a bit, but need to find an ink that works best with the Blendabilities. I do not have a Memento ink pad, so tried StazOn -it smeared. Next, tried embossing with black -still had some smearing issues, guessing it has to do with the alcohol in the Blendabilities, but it worked well enough. The Memento ink will be going in on my first official new catalog order. 
Which, by the way: New Stampin' Up! catalog goes live to everyone tomorrow, June 2nd. What a great way to kick-off your birthday, huh Mom?? :) Maybe a good daughter will come down and help you tidy your studio for that first big order? :) 
I love my mom, and I give her 90% of any blame of my stamping addiction and successes. Back in the day, she hosted D.O.T.S. parties, took my to my first stamp camp, was my first customer as a demo, was one of my first downline, was a great Convention roommate, and did I mention? She makes the most beautiful cards for everyone, for all kinds of occasions and events. That is where I fail. I love to make cards, and I hope it shows, but I hardly get them out of the house. I am really working on this. 
Here's what's in this card: Sweetie Pie, Teeny Tiny Wishes sets; Strawberry Slush, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, and Coastal Cabana c/s; Versamark, Coastal Cabana inks; Blendabilities (Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Skin Colors), Black EP, 1-3/8" & Scallop Circle, Word Window, and Modern Label punches, Jewels pearls, Gingham Garden washi tape (last chance to order!!).
Off to write inside this card and send it to a friend. 

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on inks to go with Blendabilities. I just ordered some and assumed that I could use StazOn. Your card is really cute, and I'm sure your friend will treasure it. That washi tape is perfect with the sweet faces on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed that too about the StazOn. I've used Copics with Memento ink before and it seemed fine, so I'm just going to have to play with them later after I get my ink. :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, now that I've dragged myself off the floor from laughing--just wanted to say that your card is so cute! And, I love the nacho jokes!! Maybe you're the one person that "got" the name of the challenge -- "Nacho" (not your) Average Challenge!!!! LOL!!!

    ps. the memento ink works perfectly with the blendabilities. just let it dry for a few seconds before you start coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Nacho Average Challenges -- I hope you'll come play with us more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nacho cheese....I'm cracking up! And your card is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both kinds of nachos and your card. I must have missed that stamp set and I like how you used the wash tape too. TFS-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, starting off with a Nacho joke! Love your card. Hope you'll play again with us Nachos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!