Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Sweats: By the numbers

By the numbers (Map My Run style) it was a good week for me!

DISTANCE

9.4
miles

DURATION

07:42
hours

CALORIES

3,164
burned

WORKOUTS

15
completed
Daily
  • Daily
  • Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Yearly
Distance
  • Number of Workouts
  • Distance
  • Number of Steps
  • Duration
  • Calories Burned
1.7mi1.84mi2.49mi1.84mi1.08mi0123
MON
06/23/14
TUE
06/24/14
WED
06/25/14
THU
06/26/14
FRI
06/27/14
SAT
06/28/14
SUN
06/29/14
This is as good as I've done in awhile. I even swam this week! I figured that my kids are putting in some serious mileage in the pool, and I should follow their good example, even if I could only hang for a few laps. I also signed up for the swim club's 100mile run/walk challenge which, unlike our family challenge, only goes to 8/31. It started Monday. So far, so good. I'm taking turns walking the dogs (no way I can walk them both at the same time!), so they're getting a little extra energy burned off at the start of the day.
Now, one week of this is great, but what is even better, is consistency. Goal is to find a level I can consistently maintain. This may be it, I don't know. What I do know: I've had good daytime energy, and have been sleeping like a rock at night. It doesn't take me long to get to sleep either. :)

Now, for those of you who yoga, here is a great link regarding yoga nutrition.
To be honest, I hadn't really thought of yoga as requiring fuel -silly, right?
I fall into the category of folks who yoga on an empty stomach, and call water my fuel of choice, so I had never really thought much about it. The closest I have come to considering food with yoga is: "Should I have dinner at 2pm or wait until after 7pm class?" or "Do I have a bar in the car I can have after 8am class while I'm enroute to Costco?"
Generally, dinner isn't ready by 2pm (go figure!), and when I've tried having a heavier late lunch, it's still sitting like a brick when I go to the evening class. Not my favorite. For the early class, sometimes I'll grab a banana for later, and there is a bar somewhere in the car 95% of the time, so I'll eat those if I'm absolutely starving afterward and can't wait until I get home, or if I'm going to run errands afterward.
Yes, sometimes I wear my sweat proudly in public after class, as offensive as it may be to those around me. I did feel badly for the drive-thru coffee barista on the way home today...for you "Frozen" fans, I did not smell better than a reindeer. :)
Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!