Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Sweats: Getting it done at the wire

The sweat of the week: Getting it done at the wire.
This does not necessarily mean procrastinating, it can also mean short deadlines, or moderately short deadlines with a packed schedule. Or, it can be all of the above.
It's been another busy week around the homestead. Still one more week for the older monkeys in school -I'm ready for it to be done already -bring on Summer Vacation!
I celebrated the big 40 this past week at my eldest's orchestra concert, and I have to say, Orchestra III finished it off with an awesome rendition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". I found a different orchestra performing the same arrangement here. It was pretty awesome.
Getting ready for tomorrow's field day, Little Monkey's b'day, not to forget Father's Day, and all the other fun stuff in between.
I was so excited for the sketch challenge at Nacho

and the colors (some of my favorites!!) at Color Throwdown
I had planned to knock out a sweet card at the beginning of the week, but as you can see, it came down to the wire a short while ago.
It did turn out pretty sweet, these colors would be perfect for a baby card.
I used: Hope Happens set (ret); Whisper White, Coastal Cabana (sadly out of Cool Caribbean), Pink Pirouette, and Regal Rose (ret) c/s; Jet Black StazOn ink; Perfect Polka Dots TIEF, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Kiwi Kiss 3/8" satin ribbon.
I just have to mention, that 3/8" satin ribbon has got to have the best feel of any ribbon I've ever purchased. I've totally been hoarding it, but was so glad for an opportunity to use it today. I love that it's double sided too. On the Kiwi Kiss side, you can see a hint of Very Vanilla on the sides, and that is what is on the opposite side. Love it!
Off to bake cookies for Father's Day and Field Day, and get a My Little Pony cake/cupcakes going for the birthday coming up. If it's not a total wreck, I'll post pictures. 
Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! What a great way to combine both challenges! The colors look great with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your textured butterflies and sweet sentiment! So happy to have you playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty! I love the simplicity. Great choice of challenges...the colors and sketch were perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Those butterflies are perfect with the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment and those sweet butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! The sentiment and the butterflies go great together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!