Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Sweats: Catching up

I know, I know, I've missed a few Sundays. This doesn't mean I haven't been out sweating, it just means I was too busy sweating to blog. LOL!
It has been pretty warm here, so swimming has been one of my favorite options. They have an adult-only lap swim at our pool while the Little Monkey is in lessons. So I've been taking the opportunity to swim for about half her lesson to get a little workout in, while still getting to watch her progress.
I've been using the early morning times to deadhead flowers and do some weeding for the yardworkout.
Eldest had a fundraising garage sale last weekend, and I pressure-washed a few of our no-longer-used big outdoor toys to sell. Who knew pressure-washing was such a good workout? Between that and moving & lifting stuff for the sale, my upper body was sore the next couple of days. I ironed out the kinks in my muscles with yoga, and found out that after a tiring yoga workout, swimming pairs, well, swimmingly with a yoga-sore body. Like magic!
I'm going to leave you with this article about why it's good to continue hot yoga in the summer, even when it's hot enough outside.
I was just having a conversation with some gals at the pool the other day about why I do it, and the benefits I've gained, to include handling summer-heat in an A/C free PNW. Then, I saw this article.

Have a great Sunday, now go sweat a little, or a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by -comments are appreciated!