Tuesday, November 3, 2020

F is for Fall -Part 2: Fun

 Trick or treat! What's your favorite Halloween candy? Almond Joys for me please! Halloween is already 3 days past. How did you celebrate? 

We opted out of any trick or treating, but instead took treats to the neighbors with kiddos. It was super fun! The two youngers and I dressed up and delivered during daylight hours, and my middle kiddo got plenty of oohs and ahhs over his homemade mask. We were also really excited and thankful for the mystery neighbor that delivered paper sacks of candy for each of my kids. 

Later on, we enjoyed walking and bike riding in the gorgeous fall sunshine, then takeout pizza, treats, and the annual viewing of "Hocus Pocus". Afterwards, We set up a glow-in-the dark egg hunt for the youngers. They actually thought it was kind of spooky! All the house lights were off on that side, plus we have a big tree that blocks out the streetlight for the most part, and I didn't allow flashlights. Lol! They did collect them all pretty quickly though. Then, we headed back inside, ate candy, and started watching "The Mandalorian". Yes, yes, I know Season 2 has already started. Don't worry, we'll be caught up soon enough!

The oldest and a friend, set up a projector in the driveway, along with a fire in the firepit, and they roasted marshmallows and enjoyed a show...or several. The weather was perfect for it. 

In addition to going to the farm with the youngers earlier in the week, I got to go enjoy the Halloween festivities at the zoo with my oldest, and our favorite local fast-food burgers. I do enjoy these times with them, knowing that time flies and soon they will be flying on their own.




What did your Halloween look like this year? Did you get creative, go traditional, or skip it this year? We'd love to hear!










3 comments:

  1. We bought a pretty sturdy 9' spiderweb and hung it outside our front window with treats clothes-pinned to it. After taking it down and counting the leftovers, we only had 4 Trick or treaters. It made me a little sad. I'm so glad you and the kids had so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great, fun, and safe way to treat! Sorry you didn't have more Trick or Treaters. I did miss seeing all of the neat costumes this year. Hopefully, next year will be a better opportunity for traditional Trick or Treating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I missed the costumes too, and the sweet sounding "trick or Treats".

      Delete

Thanks for visiting - constructive comments are appreciated!