Friday, October 30, 2020

F is For Fall -Part 1: Farm

 I LOVE Fall! There is so much to enjoy and feel grateful about during Fall: 

Those last warm and sunny days before the cooler weather sets in for the remainder of the year. Reminding us to enjoy them like we did in Summer, or maybe, to not take those sunny Summer days for granted because they won't last all year long. We took the opportunity on a recent day like this to head to our favorite farm: Jubilee Farm

I love the gorgeous drive through the trees...


 
Seeing the sweet farm animals and the fields of pumpkins. Piggies and pumpkins, Oh My! Had we not grown our own carving pumpkins this year, the one pictured above, would have been my choice to bring home. This time, we were after some cooking pumpkins and quality farm time. 

The kids were willing to head to the opposite end of the fields, almost to the river, just to visit the chickens at their tractors. Normally, I feel pretty lucky to get 5-10 minutes watching the farm chickens before at least one kiddo gets impatient, but maybe they matured, or having been home more than usual, we stayed happily for "some time" as my youngest put it. 

The view at the farm is incredible too, with the sounds of the Snoqualmie River nearby, the gorgeous Cascade mountains in the background, and all of the farm's offerings surrounding us. I think this is where my farm dreaming truly began, as I can always find peace, grounding, and a smile after a trip here. 

Of course, here are the edible beauties we brought home from the farm to cook up and use throughout the season in baked goods, soups, and maybe a new recipe or two!


2 comments:

  1. I think you need a larger yard. Of course, it is nice to take ride into the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! A bigger "yard" is in the plans for the future. Even the youngest said whilst at the farm, "Mom, I want a ranch". :D

      Delete

Thanks for visiting - constructive comments are appreciated!