Friday, March 11, 2011

Christmas is coming...

12/20/2010
Thought I would take a break from cookie baking, etc. to post what will likely be my last blog of the year.
I just wanted to share a few things I've been working on, but as I mentioned before, I can't post many so I won't spoil any Christmas surprises.

(fade to new year)

Happy New Year everyone!!
I started getting this post ready some months back and got swallowed up by the holidays and the busy-ness of whatever rolled my way.
I've missed you!

Here are a couple of bags I made as Christmas gifts:


Gifts I made also included button bracelets, ornaments, tons of cookies and goodies, snuggies for the kids, and one for my brother-in-law that included a matching one for his rifle. That was a hoot to make and give.
Hubby was busy too and made some beautiful wooden puzzles.
The new year has just flown by so far, I once again volunteered to lead  a class auction art project (same teacher, different child this time). Again, I opted to do a quilt. This time, instead of having the kids draw on it, they got to design their own squares, which my helpers and I translated to fabric. It turned out amazing!! Here's a sneak peek:

I'm so excited to attend the auction and see how it does -every dollar counts for the schools in this economy!!
If you missed it the first time, here's a link to the first class quilt I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - constructive comments are appreciated!